This isn't the best picture of the stitch and the color is actually a little bit darker. The blanket is big enough for a queen size bed. I initially started with a different pattern, but even though I was counting each row and being careful, my edges were very crooked so I switched to this v stitch shell stitch(I think that's what it is called!)
Not only have I been working on these blankets I decided to take up trying knitting again. I did okay with some of the things I had made but I decided to try some hats. I managed to make two in one weekend! I found these to be easier than the scarves I was trying to make. I kept dropping stitches with the scarves but I did much better with these hats:
For my next knitting project, I think I am going to try either some mittens or fingerless glove. There are so many fingerless glove patterns that I have seen that look awesome. I'm not sure what I am going to do next for a crochet project but I think I am going to make some more amigurumi!