Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Adventures in Knitting

I have been looking for more knitting patterns to try and I decided try my hand at Gretchen's Easy Tam(you will need an account to see the pattern). I had been a little hesitant about trying fair isle knitting but I found this to be incredibly easy! I tried out using both Continental and English style to hold both yarns at the same time but for the most part that was too difficult for me but with more practice of course it should get easier.



I pretty much made this hat in a day. We had a snowstorm this week and so I didn't have to go into work so I had plenty of time to work on it! I still have never done any blocking yet so I didn't block this like it is recommended but I really like just wearing it as a beanie instead of how it is pictured on the pattern. I am quite proud of this hat! 




No comments:

Post a Comment